Lakeside peer mentor program
Open to RETURNING Lakeside campers aged 17-23 who are currently active members of the Barbershop Harmony Society, Sweet Adelines, International, and/or Harmony, Inc.
Peer Mentors must have registered for Lakeside A cappella Camp 2019 as a student participant and paid their $100 deposit or submitted a scholarship application, then they must complete an application (see below) to be reviewed by the Lakeside Director’s Team before they are accepted.
· Two mandatory training sessions prior to the start of Camp
· Early arrival at Lakeside to assist with set-up and camper check-in
· Assisting staff throughout the weekend with set-up of events and activities, teaching tags, and assisting in sectionals
· Working with a Lakeside Staff Members to mentor a group of youth campers
· Volunteer hours
· Leadership and teaching experience
· Brigade-style quartet experience and performance
· 30-minute small group PVI with a member of the teaching quartets
· Two small group sessions with the teaching quartets and clinicians outside of rehearsals
· The chance to pass on your love of barbershop to the next generation!